At Hexicon, we are all about innovative energy tech for a sustainable future. To reach our bright envision for the world, and the company, we need excellent people who share our goals. Right now, we are looking for a Naval Architect to help us handle and ensure the smooth running of the Technical Development within our company. Are you that person?
WHOM WE WISH FOR
The person we are looking for is structured and has a lot of initiative and innovative thinking. We want someone who thrives in a dynamic work environment and is capable of both contributing to team efforts as well as individually defining and executing tasks. It’s great if you are used to a high-paced work environment and have good time-management skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, a sense of quality, friendliness, and a motivation for improvement.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Hexicon operates in a field that is on the threshold to commercialization and it truly is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become a part of this growing market. In addition to a challenging new job position with lots of freedom, we offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere -and great perks! Such as a generous health care allowance and five extra vacation days above the Swedish requirement.
Hexicon is also an equal opportunity employer. We are an increasingly diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who inspire and motivate each other in driving Hexicon towards its goals. We always strive to become more diversified, so everyone is welcome to apply!
As our Naval Architect, you will be working in a small dynamic team and report to the CTO. You will be working cross-functionally between all the departments and supporting ongoing projects.
To be successful in the role as our Naval Architect, you should be experienced and driven in the design of floating foundations and mooring systems. You should also have an understanding of wind turbine systems and foundation fabrication and supply.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ARE
- Lead design studies to establish characteristics of structures and equipment, such as size, weight, displacement, and draft with the objective of optimal system performance.
- Perform design reviews, evaluate design, constructability and insatiability to help resolve technical issues, and manage information generated through the design and construction phases of projects.
- Oversee the design and testing of prototype floating structures in basin tests as well as numerical models to establish the centre of gravity, ideal hull geometry, hydrodynamic and hydrostatic data.
- Proficient in writing, editing and preparing technical documentation in relation to ongoing projects
- Assist with the review and checking of contracts for engineering work.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
- A Master’s degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience with design of floating offshore structures and/or mooring systems, in conformance with applicable design standards.
- Familiarity with certification, metocean data, model scale marine testing and offshore operations.
- Experience using hydrodynamic simulation software and the analysis of results.
- Fluent in spoken English and highly proficient in technical writing in English.
IT’S NICE IF YOU HAVE
- Fluency in Swedish
- Previous experience from working with the design of floating offshore wind systems or other wind applications.
Type of employment: Full-time employment with 6 months probationary period
Location: Flexible, but preferred in our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden
Hexicon is both an early project developer in floating wind energy for new global markets in deep water areas, and a technology provider of a patented floating wind design – the TwinWind™. We believe that floating wind can be quickly deployed at scale to support the electrification of society at large. This envision is what motivates our work. To achieve our goals we need collaboration, coexistence, and innovation for our development, and teamwork. That is why we value different experiences and backgrounds. Together, we create a modern workplace based on freedom, responsibility, and diversity.