At Hexicon, we are dedicated to developing innovative energy solutions for a sustainable future. To reach our bright envision for the world, and the company, we need excellent people who share our goals. Right now, we are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer. Are you that person?
WHOM WE WISH FOR
We would like someone who thrives by working in a fast-paced, small company with big ambitions. Qualities that we cherish are self-motivation, great collaboration skills, and a prestige-less mindset. We also strongly wish you are responsive to other people's input while being willing to teach colleagues about your own perspectives and experiences.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Hexicon operates in a field that is on the threshold to commercialization and it truly is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become a part of this growing market. In addition to a challenging new job position with lots of freedom, we offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere -and great perks! Such as a generous health care allowance and five extra vacation days above the Swedish requirement.
Hexicon is also an equal-opportunity employer. We are an increasingly diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who inspires and motivates each other in driving Hexicon towards its goals. We always strive to become more diversified, so everyone is welcome to apply!
As our Geotechnical Engineer, you will report to the CTO and work closely with our technical team and the project managers.
We are now looking for a geotechnical specialist who is able to apply experiences in both early-stage project development and extract recommendations for site selection or development activities from limited geo data. The main responsibilities within the role involve planning and leading related scopes of work for the development phase of an offshore wind project. This task requires knowledge of available data sources for initial assessments and the ability to support preliminary design and decisions related to site selection, anchor technology selection, and planning of survey works offshore. It is also important that our future geotechnical specialist is comfortable working in small teams and in a dynamic work environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ARE
- Tendering, awarding, and monitoring offshore construction site investigations (e.g., bathymetric and seabed investigations)
- Evaluate the subsoil investigation results and processing of the data
- Technical and contractual control of explosive ordnance disposal
- Procure and compile the descriptive parameters of the soil conditions
- Prepare the site assessment reports for soil conditions as part of the design basis
- Participate in studies for design and cost estimation for floating support structures
- Support the design process with a focus on soil-structure interaction and anchor capacity
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
- A Master's degree in civil engineering or geotechnics or geology or similar
- Several years of professional experience in the field of site investigation, soilstructure interaction, etc.
- Willingness to familiarise yourself with new tasks at short notice
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work in a team and excellent communication skills
IT’S NICE IF YOU HAVE
- Previous work experience in moored and anchored structures.
Type of employment: Full-time employment with 6 months probationary period
Location: : Stockholm
Language: English is our corporate language, Swedish is considered a merit
Hexicon is both an early project developer in floating wind energy for new global markets in deep water areas, and a technology provider of a patented floating wind design – the TwinWind™. We believe that floating wind can be quickly deployed at scale to support the electrification of society at large. This envision is what motivates our work. To achieve our goals we need collaboration, coexistence, and innovation for our development, and teamwork. That is why we value different experiences and backgrounds. Together, we create a modern workplace based on freedom, responsibility, and diversity.